Secure Electronic Fingeprint Archive
Many agencies still print and manually file backup hard copies of some or all fingerprint cards created by their live scans. These same fingerprint print cards must also be manually shipped to other agencies that need to view the fingerprints for investigative purposes. This process creates a large amount of printing costs, consumes office space, and generates time-consuming clerical work with card organization.
DataWorks Plus designed NIST Manager Plus to allow your agency to keep a copy of each fingerprint record created by your live scan in a secure electronic format that is fully compliant with State and Federal standards and requirements. With NIST Manager Plus, your agency will never need to file a fingerprint card again. The NistWorks web client makes the fingerprints easily accessible for authorized users from any PC on your agency’s network 24/7. Using this electronic fingerprint storage will generally show an agency’s return on investment in less than one year’s time from avoided printing costs alone. NIST Manager Plus is a system that truly pays for itself.
Benefits of Electronic Archiving:
The traditional live scan configuration is able to provide the electronic capture of demographic data, fingerprints, palm prints and electronic submission to a state AFIS. However, if a limited number of bookings can be stored on the live scan, this forces the user to print and then manually file each ten-print card. Also, a ten-print card can only hold a limited amount of fingerprint and demographic information. By using NIST Manager Plus’ electronic archive you can store all data captured by your live scan with each record. Even digital mugshots and images can be stored directly with the NIST Records. Additional documents and files associated with an individual can also be securely stored in the database. Investigators can perform on-screen print comparisons and narratives can be stored with the record to help with investigations.
NIST Manager Plus will not only save you time, money, and office space, but it will greatly improve your agency’s workflows by allowing you to perform actions that would be impossible through hard-copy fingerprint archiving.
How NIST Manager Plus Works:
NIST Manager Plus seamlessly interfaces with your current live scan and booking systems. As records are created through your live scan, an electronic copy is automatically created within the NIST archive. The system allows you to search, view, edit, compare, or print any data that is stored on the NIST Manager Plus database. Advanced security features ensure that only authorized users have access to your records, and that all activity is logged for administrators to review. In addition to interfacing with your existing live scan and AFIS workflows, DataWorks Plus can interface NIST Manager Plus with your agency's records, jail, or imaging management systems as well.
NIST Manager Plus is fully compliant with State and Federal standards and requirements and is already in use both small and large Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice agencies nationwide. Any existing hard copy fingerprint cards that your agency currently has can be easily converted into the NIST Manager Plus database by scanning them into the system.
NIST Manager Plus Features:
- AFIS Workflow Engine: DataWorks Plus can customize your workflows so that as people are booked into your jails, ten print searches can be launched for local identification, prior to submitting to state or larger AFIS systems. This can significantly reduce processing times in the jail and help to further benefit your agency by reducing mis-identifications. The system will offer to your ID staff any matches that are made within seconds of the personís live scan record being submitted into the system. ID Staff can then confirm the identity and our workflow manager takes over from there.
- Electronic Storage: NIST Manager Plus stores record data and images in both the primary NIST record database that contains records created at live scan booking, and in any additional databases that have been interfaced with the system. Records are stored in the FBI approved WSQ format.
- Record Retrieval, Viewing, and Editing: With NIST Manager Plus, you can search by any combination of data fields within the system. Users can view any record's data, ten-print image array, slap prints, palm prints, or individual rolled fingerprints. You can also view a record's mugshots and images or do side-by-side fingerprint comparison. Images can be magnified, cropped, or printed for easy viewing..
- Print Capabilities: NIST Manager Plus can easily print any data or images associated with your NIST records to a standard printer. You can also print standard agency, state, and FBI certified fingerprint cards if needed for special reasons.
- Web Enabled Data Sharing: The optional NISTWorks web application works with NIST Manager Plus to allow any PC on your agency’s network with standard internet browsers to access NIST records. Security features ensure that only authorized users are granted access and all user activity is logged in detail for administrators to review.
- Customization and Security: All data fields within NIST Manager Plus are customizable to match your agency’s requirements. Each database can have its own security settings, users, groups, and restricted access rules.
Brochures: NIST Manager Plus*
*The download of the brochures requires Acrobat
Request a Quote
Back to Products Page
View Screen Shots
California Grant Information
Where to Get Grant Money